Tranquility products support relaxation and inner calm.** They may include supplements and essential oils made from time-tested botanicals that work to:
Promote soothing feelings of peace**
Help to support emotional balance**
Encourage restfulness and sleep**
What are Tranquility Products?
Amidst the often-hectic nature of day-to-day life, it's easy to get caught up in concerns and chaos, whether it may be the pressures of work, family or other factors. Living an existence that regularly falls into tense and worried territory can be both emotionally and physically taxing.
Nearly one-third of all Americans contend with occasional stress. Of this section of the population, approximately 35% have acknowledged frequently feeling tearful, while 50% have admitted to notable irritability. Given these results, it may not be surprising that roughly 15 million adults could benefit from a calmer, more positive perspective via nutritional support.
Maintaining a more tranquil and optimistic outlook doesn't just affect mood, it can enhance many aspects of life. For both children and adults, relaxation is connected to better focus and concentration in school or work. A calmer take on life also means deeper slumber, which in turn promotes a bright and vital approach to each day. Essentially, a serene presence brings about more peace in day-to-day life, which assists with overall mind and body wellness.
Natural products can help to support the peaceful tranquility that is a key contributor to peak quality of life. These natural supplements and essential oils are primarily comprised of plant extracts that gently and safely support mood equilibrium and revitalization.** Natural supplements and essential oils for relaxation may be most effective when combined with regular exercise, a balanced diet and overall healthy lifestyle. Some of the most popular tranquility supplements are:
- Valerian: A perennial flowering plant valued for its aromatic nutrient-rich roots, valerian has been incorporated into wellness traditions since the eras of ancient Greece and Rome. Research has found that the herb may ease restlessness, promote relaxation and be particularly helpful in bringing about sound, refreshing sleep.**
- Passion Flower: This tropical plant, renowned for its beautiful blooms, has long been used in the health practices of North and South American natives. The herb is closely associated with soothing and rest-supporting properties.** In recent decades, science has helped to confirm these attributes, with studies indicating that passion flower features a comforting quality that encourages both serenity and rejuvenating slumber.**
- Hops: The flowers of the Humulus lupulus plant, hops are historically and internationally known for their use in beer. The herb has also been prized in various wellness traditions, and modern investigations have placed importance on its applications as a natural sedative.** Along with their calmative influence, hops have been researched for their support of healthy rest, especially in instances of sleeplessness.**
- Lavender Essential Oil: One of the world's most popular essential oils, lavender is derived from its blooming namesake herb, which has been prized by numerous cultures since ancient times. Lavender oil features a light, clean floral scent that is renowned for encouraging comfort and serenity.** Studies have shown that the botanical oil's soothing effects may even extend to blood pressure levels already within normal range.**
- GABA: Also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA is a neurotransmitter associated with calmness due to its effect on of the nervous system.** Investigations suggest that GABA may have an unwinding effect and aid in sleep regulation.**
- Melissa/Lemon Balm: A fragrant herb in the mint family, lemon balm, also referred to as melissa, has been valued for centuries, particularly in Europe. The extract of the plant's leaves has noted stress-supporting properties and also assists with restful sleep.**
- 5-HTP: The amino acid also known as 5-hydroxytryptophan, 5-HTP is associated with serotonin, the neurotransmitter commonly linked to a positive outlook.** Due to its ability to cross the sensitive blood-brain barrier, 5-HTP can aid in stimulating the brain's serotonin levels.** The nutrient has additionally been studied for its encouragement of restful slumber and easing a sense of alarm and unrest.**
- St. John's Wort: This perennially recognized plant extract has long been appreciated around the globe for its mood benefits.** Researchers have found that the herbal flavonoids in St. John's wort work to help counter the doldrums and uphold emotional equilibrium while promoting a positive and serene outlook.**
- DMAE: An organic compound also known as dimethylaminoethanol, DMAE is related to choline and assists in forming the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Studies have suggested that DMAE plays a role in modulating alpha and theta brain waves, helping to maintain more confident, focused and relaxed mindset.**
Tranquility supplements feature natural compounds, many of which are sourced from plants. Capsules are the most typical form of the products, though some supplements are offered as a powder. Some herbal ingredients, such as valerian and hops, are commonly paired together in formulas that promote relaxation.**